Monday, January 27, 2020

Blog #1: Six-Word Memoir

Baseball games to barks and walks
        Since I was six years old, I played baseball every single year (through college) until I was 20 years old. Through that period, apart from my family and friends, baseball is what truly brought joy to my life and it was something I grew extremely passionate about. Baseball was my outlet to any stress I was feeling in my life and whenever I was at practice or at a game, I was always having a great time with my teammates while not worrying about anything else in my life.

        I stopped playing baseball in 2014 and it was difficult for me to walk away from a sport that I grew so passionately about throughout my childhood, but it was not long for a new source of happiness to enter my life. In 2016, my family decided to rescue a 10-month-old puppy from the animal shelter and he brought instant joy into my life. I had never had a dog as a pet before that so I had a lot to learn about the responsibility and care for owning a dog. My dog, Baxter, brings me so much happiness regardless of me not playing baseball anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Your dog is so cute!

    My daughter walked away from competitive gymnastics when she was 11, just so she could have a dog. Although she loved the sport, it completely consumed her life, and she wanted more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Baxter is so adorable! Dogs definitely have a way of filling holes in our hearts. They are always so happy to see us and love us unconditionally. I'm sorry you had to give up baseball especially because you found it to be an outlet for stress. You didn't say why you are not playing anymore but I hope you are finding other ways to keep your love for baseball alive in your life.
    It's nice to meet you,
    Tammy Peters

    ReplyDelete